Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Emma Watson Quotes



~ I was appointed six months ago, and the more I have spoken about feminism, the more I have realized that fighting for women’s rights has too often become synonymous with man-hating. If there is one thing I know for certain, it is that this has to stop. 

~ I feel like young girls are told they have to be a princess, and be delicate and fragile, and that’s bulls**t. I identify much more with the idea of being a warrior, being a fighter. If I was going to be a princess, I’d be a warrior princess, definitely. I think women are scared of feeling powerful and strong and brave sometimes. I think you’ve got to embrace it. 

~ I’m going to do what I want to do. I’m going to be who I really am. I’m going to figure out what that is. 
~ The saddest thing a girl can do is dumb herself down for a guy. 
~ It is time that we all see gender as a spectrum instead of two sets of opposing ideals. 

~ Now at 25 for the first time in my life I feel like I have a sense of self that I’m comfortable with. I actually do have things that I want to say and I want to be my most authentic self. I don’t want there to be a big separation between the public and the private person. It’s definitely the harder road to tread, but without a doubt, ultimately the most rewarding. 
~ I don’t want other people to decide who I am. I want to decide that for myself. 
~ As a child, I loved being onstage. I loved singing, I loved the lights, I loved the adrenaline. I even loved learning lines. I was completely obsessive. 
~ I don’t have perfect teeth. I’m not stick thin. I want to be the person who feels great in her body and can say that she loves it and doesn’t want to change anything. 

~ Even worse than seeing women’s privacy violated on social media is reading the accompanying comments that show such a lack of empathy. 
~ I like men with quick wit, good conversation and a great sense of humour. I love banter. I want a man to like me for me – I want him to be authentic. 
~ You only learn from experience, so as much as someone can tell you things, you have to go out there and make your own mistakes in order to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...