Monday, February 20, 2017

Quotes About Mother


~ If you can't go back to your mother's womb, you'd better learn to be a good fighter.  
~ I was always an unusual girl.
My mother told me I had a chameleon soul, no moral compass pointing due north, no fixed personality; just an inner indecisiveness that was as wide and as wavering as the ocean.  

~ The only love that I really believe in is a mother’s love for her children.  
~ No man is poor who has a Godly mother.

~ In a child's eyes, a mother is a goddess. She can be glorious or terrible, benevolent or filled with wrath, but she commands love either way. I am convinced that this is the greatest power in the universe.  
~ But kids don't stay with you if you do it right. It's the one job where, the better you are, the more surely you won't be needed in the long run. 

~ My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.  

~ Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation.  
~ The truth is, every son raised by a single mom is pretty much born married. I don't know, but until your mom dies it seems like all the other women in your life can never be more than just your mistress.  
~ Can you think what the Mirror of Erised shows us all?" Harry shook his head.

~ What's your heart telling you to do?
I don't know.'
Maybe, you're trying too hard to hear it.  
~ That was the thing about best friends. Like sisters and mothers, they could piss you off and make you cry and break your heart, but in the end, when the chips were down, they were there, making you laugh even in your darkest hours. 

~ Children are knives, my mother once said. They don’t mean to, but they cut. And yet we cling to them, don’t we, we clasp them until the blood flows. 

~ Perhaps it takes courage to raise children.. 

~ I don't know what it is about food your mother makes for you, especially when it's something that anyone can make - pancakes, meat loaf, tuna salad - but it carries a certain taste of memory.”

~ My mom smiled at me. Her smile kind of hugged me.  
~ The best love in the world, is the love of a man. The love of a man who came from your womb, the love of your son! I don't have a daughter, but maybe the love of a daughter is the best, too. I am first and foremost me, but right after that, I am a mother. The best thing that I can ever be, is me. But the best gift that I will ever have, is being a mother.  

~ Art is the child of nature in whom we trace the features of the mothers face.  
~ The best place to cry is on a mother's arms. 
~ No one is ever quite ready; everyone is always caught off guard. Parenthood chooses you. And you open your eyes, look at what you've got, say "Oh, my gosh," and recognize that of all the balls there ever were, this is the one you should not drop. It's not a question of choice.  
~ I like it when my mother smiles. And I especially like it when I make her smile. 
~ I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.  
~ I love you every day. And now I will miss you every day. 
~ You are evidence of your mother's strength, especially if you are a rebellious knucklehead and regardless she has always maintained her sanity.  
~ He didn't realize that love as powerful as your mother's for you leaves its own mark.  
~ I'm convinced that most men don't know what they believe, rather, they only know what they wish to believe. How many people blame God for man's atrocities, but wouldn't dream of imprisoning a mother for her son's crime?
~ I have a sister, so I know-that relationship, it's all about fairness: you want your sibling to have exactly what you have-the same amount of toys, the same number of meatballs on your spaghetti, the same share of love. But being a mother is completely different. You want your child to have more than you ever did. You want to build a fire underneath her and watch her soar. It's bigger than words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...