Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Meryl Streep Quotes


~ The great gift of human beings is that we have the power of empathy, we can all sense a mysterious connection to each other. 
~ Acting is not about being someone different. It’s finding the similarity in what is apparently different, then finding myself in there. 

~ I have a theory that movies operate on the level of dreams, where you dream yourself. 
~ No one has ever asked an actor, 'You're playing a strong-minded man…' We assume that men are strong-minded, or have opinions. But a strong-minded woman is a different animal.

~ I think the best role models for women are people who are fruitfully and confidently themselves, who bring light into the world. 

~ You don't have to be famous. You just have to make your mother and father proud of you.

~ Put blinders on to those things that conspire to hold you back, especially the ones in your own head. 
~ The formula of happiness and success is just, being actually yourself, in the most vivid possible way you can. 

~ I like who I am now. Other people may not. I'm comfortable. I feel freer now. I don't want growing older to matter to me. 
~ This is your time and it feels normal to you, but really, there is no normal. There's only change and resistance to it and then more change. 
~ It is well that the earth is round that we do not see too far ahead. 
~ You can't get spoiled if you do your own ironing.

~ I wonder which of the megaton bombs Jesus, our
President's personal savior, would have personally
dropped on the sleeping families of Baghdad? 

~ I always feel like I can't do it, that I can't go through with a movie. But then I do go through with it after all. 
~ It's amazing what you can get if you quietly, clearly and authoritatively demand it. 
~ I didn't have any confidence in my beauty when I was young. I felt like a character actress, and I still do. 

~ I think you find your own way. You have your own rules. You have your own understanding of yourself, and that's what you're going to count on. In the end, it's what feels right to you. Not what your mother told you. Not what some actress told you. Not what anybody else told you but the still, small voice. 
~ I have a very good life - I'm lucky enough not to be deprived.

~ The quote above about patience is NOT MERYL STREEP's-- this quote is actually from the pen of Portuguese self-help author/life coach José Micard Teixeira. PLEASE REMOVE IT!!!!! 
~ I no longer have patience for certain things, not because I’ve become arrogant, but simply because I reached a point in my life where I do not want to waste more time with what displeases me or hurts me. I have no patience for cynicism, excessive criticism and demands of any nature. I lost the will to please those who do not like me, to love those who do not love me and to smile at those who do not want to smile at me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...