Sunday, December 11, 2016

William Shakespeare Quotes


~ The fool don’t think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.

~ Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

~ Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.

~ Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.

~ The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.


~ Doubt thou the stars are fire. Doubt that the sun doth move. Doubt truth to be a liar.
But never doubt I love.

~ I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed!

~ This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man.

~ There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
~ By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.


~ My bounty is as boundless as the sea, My love as deep, the more I give to thee,
the more I have, for both are infinite.

~ These violent delights have violent ends and in their triump die, like fire and powder
which, as they kiss, consume.

~ My only love sprung from my only hate!
Too early seen unknown, and known too late!
Prodigious birth of love it is to me,
That I must love a loathed enemy.


~ Lord, what fools these mortals be! 
~ Don't waste your love on somebody, who doesn't value it. 
~ All that glisters is not gold,
Often have you heard that told,
Many a man his life hath sold
But my outside to behold,
Gilded tombs do worms enfold.

~ Good night, good night! parting is such sweet sorrow,
That I shall say good night till it be morrow. 
~ Dispute not with her: she is lunatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...